thesis

Brent Lloyd
Do you mean a web search engine like Google?

1/ Yes, i am using a web-based search engine like google.

What feedback do you expect from the search engine?

2/ Anything that a typical user might want to search for.

Is this at all related to the Beanshell?
3/ Well, I am new to scripting and Beanshell seemed like a good choice
because I am a Java programmer. But whether it is the tool for the job i
do now know. Any help would be appreciated.

----
Brent

Re: thesis

Robert Hellwig
Hi there,

I like really Beanshell but I think that something like the Jakarta
HttpClient (maybe in combination with Beanshell) might be more
suitable for you.
If you already know about the HttpClient skip the rest of this
message if not here comes a small summary.
The HttpClient lib help you with preparing your post or get request
(meaning preparing cookies, request parameters etc...), will send
your request to the target and will provide you with a response (the
hole raw html) in different formats (Steams, Strings). Of course it
can do a  lot of more.  Your job would be to parse and do something
useful with the response received from the HttpClient.

gr,

--Robert

On Sep 20, 2005, at 08:09:38 , Brent Lloyd wrote:

> Do you mean a web search engine like Google?
>
> 1/ Yes, i am using a web-based search engine like google.
>
> What feedback do you expect from the search engine?
>
> 2/ Anything that a typical user might want to search for.
>
> Is this at all related to the Beanshell?
> 3/ Well, I am new to scripting and Beanshell seemed like a good
> choice because I am a Java programmer. But whether it is the tool
> for the job i do now know. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> ----
> Brent

Re: thesis

Philippe Faes
Try concatenating some strings (a+b) to form the correct web address and
then using the object java.net.URL to load the page. This is exactly the
same way as you would do it in regular Java. You're on the wrong mailing
list.

Ph

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 07:09 +0100, Brent Lloyd wrote:

> Do you mean a web search engine like Google?
>
> 1/ Yes, i am using a web-based search engine like google.
>
> What feedback do you expect from the search engine?
>
> 2/ Anything that a typical user might want to search for.
>
> Is this at all related to the Beanshell?
> 3/ Well, I am new to scripting and Beanshell seemed like a good choice
> because I am a Java programmer. But whether it is the tool for the job i
> do now know. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> ----
> Brent

ir. Philippe Faes
Ghent University - Department ELIS
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41 -- B-9000 Gent
Tel:+32 9 264 95 25 - Fax:+32 9 264 35 94
    http://www.elis.UGent.be/~pfaes
ON5DEU   --   LPIC1  --  gpg-key:173720B6