life without classloader

Balazs Varnai
Hi All,

We are playing around with a game platform in J2ME. As you might know, it's a very limited environment compared to standard java. To allow some kind of dynamic behavior, a minimalistic plug-in support needed. Which would be a peace of cake, but there is no classloader access in ME. Scripting would be an alternative.
Do you think a striped down beanshell could be adopted to support such an environment? I would be very thankful for any hints!

Thanks!

BR:Balazs

Re: life without classloader

David Lee
Does J2ME support the Reflection API's ?
If not then I suspect it will be nearly impossible to port BeanShell.
It might be possible to port BSH without classloaders .

You might want to pull the source and see how much its used for.

On 9/10/2010 5:29 AM, Balazs Varnai wrote:
Hi All,

We are playing around with a game platform in J2ME. As you might know, it's a very limited environment compared to standard java. To allow some kind of dynamic behavior, a minimalistic plug-in support needed. Which would be a peace of cake, but there is no classloader access in ME. Scripting would be an alternative.
Do you think a striped down beanshell could be adopted to support such an environment? I would be very thankful for any hints!

Thanks!

BR:Balazs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Automate Storage Tiering Simply Optimize IT performance and efficiency through flexible, powerful, automated storage tiering capabilities. View this brief to learn how you can reduce costs and improve performance. http://p.sf.net/sfu/dell-sfdev2dev

David A. Lee
[hidden email]
http://www.xmlsh.org

Re: life without classloader

Balazs Varnai
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply! No there is no reflection support either, so the java bean concept would not fit. This could be worked around by having something like a static BeanInfo, for the exposed classes. Anyway looking at the code, it might be better to just experiment from scratch.

Regards,
Balazs