fork

fschmidt
Administrator
I forked BeanShell here:

http://code.google.com/p/beanshell2/

I will be committing the bug fixes I need to this fork.  I invite everyone to also commit bug fixes to this fork so that we can all benefit from each other's work.

Re: fork

Duensing, Scott (x1423)
I noticed the code in the new SVN repository is from 2.0b4.  2.0b5 is
available at http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5-src.zip  Is there a
reason for using b4?

Also, I'd *love* to see the following change rolled in.  I'd do it, but
don't have time at the moment...

http://www.nabble.com/Support-of-varargs,-an-example-t3275553.html

        Scott

Re: fork

fschmidt
Administrator
Duensing, Scott (x1423) wrote
I noticed the code in the new SVN repository is from 2.0b4.  2.0b5 is
available at http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5-src.zip  Is there a
reason for using b4?
Because I couldn't find this when I set up the fork.  The download page links to 2.0b4.  If you could point me to the CVS server where 2.0b5 is checked in, I could apply the changes to the fork.

Also, I'd *love* to see the following change rolled in.  I'd do it, but
don't have time at the moment...

http://www.nabble.com/Support-of-varargs,-an-example-t3275553.html
This is on the queue:

http://code.google.com/p/beanshell2/issues/detail?id=13

Re: fork

Duensing, Scott (x1423)
I wasn't able to find it on CVS.  As a matter of fact, I couldn't find
b4 either.  Only place I was able to locate it was directly from the
http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5-src.zip

The binary is at:

http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5.jar

        Scott

> I noticed the code in the new SVN repository is from 2.0b4.  2.0b5 is
> available at http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5-src.zip  Is there a
> reason for using b4?

Because I couldn't find this when I set up the fork.  The download page
links to 2.0b4.  If you could point me to the CVS server where 2.0b5 is
checked in, I could apply the changes to the fork.

> Also, I'd *love* to see the following change rolled in.  I'd do it,
but
> don't have time at the moment...
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Support-of-varargs,-an-example-t3275553.html

This is on the queue:

http://code.google.com/p/beanshell2/issues/detail?id=13

Re: fork?

patniemeyer
Hi guys,

You can get the absolute latest code in the subversion repository:

   svn co http://ikayzo.org/svn/beanshell

You are welcome to maintain your own fork if you wish, but I am
willing to add whomever is interested as comitters on the SVN main
repository here.  I have a short list from people who have emailed me
and I will get it set up this weekend.

thanks,
Pat

On May 9, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Duensing, Scott (x1423) wrote:

> I wasn't able to find it on CVS.  As a matter of fact, I couldn't find
> b4 either.  Only place I was able to locate it was directly from the
> http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5-src.zip
>
> The binary is at:
>
> http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5.jar
>
> Scott

Alexey Zinger
Pat, it's my understanding that 2.0b5 contains javax.script implementation, yes?  Is the current code in subversion a lot further than 2.0b5?  How stable is it?

Patrick Niemeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

You can get the absolute latest code in the subversion repository:

svn co http://ikayzo.org/svn/beanshell

You are welcome to maintain your own fork if you wish, but I am
willing to add whomever is interested as comitters on the SVN main
repository here. I have a short list from people who have emailed me
and I will get it set up this weekend.

thanks,
Pat

On May 9, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Duensing, Scott (x1423) wrote:

> I wasn't able to find it on CVS. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find
> b4 either. Only place I was able to locate it was directly from the
> http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5-src.zip
>
> The binary is at:
>
> http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5.jar
>
> Scott

http://azinger.blogspot.com
http://bsheet.sourceforge.net
http://wcollage.sourceforge.net

Got a little couch potato?

Re: fork?

patniemeyer

The 2.0b5 release had some minor changes to support the javax.script implementation...   The official site for the javax.script engine adapter itself is here:  https://scripting.dev.java.net/

Although there is a version of the adapter in our SVN, others may have made some improvements at the java.net site and we should probably remove it from ours.

Pat

On May 11, 2007, at 8:56 AM, Alexey Zinger wrote:

Pat, it's my understanding that 2.0b5 contains javax.script implementation, yes?  Is the current code in subversion a lot further than 2.0b5?  How stable is it?

Patrick Niemeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

You can get the absolute latest code in the subversion repository:

svn co http://ikayzo.org/svn/beanshell

You are welcome to maintain your own fork if you wish, but I am
willing to add whomever is interested as comitters on the SVN main
repository here. I have a short list from people who have emailed me
and I will get it set up this weekend.

thanks,
Pat

On May 9, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Duensing, Scott (x1423) wrote:

> I wasn't able to find it on CVS. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find
> b4 either. Only place I was able to locate it was directly from the
> http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5-src.zip
>
> The binary is at:
>
> http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5.jar
>
> Scott

Yeah, I've seen that site.  Trouble is, it mentions 2.0b5, while the link merely points to the BeanShell home page.  I've been living off 2.0b4 for a long time, but am currently in need of the script framework adapter and put one together real quick.  But I figured I should really see 2.0b5 or the latest subversion build for a likely better implementation.

Patrick Niemeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

The 2.0b5 release had some minor changes to support the javax.script implementation...   The official site for the javax.script engine adapter itself is here:  https://scripting.dev.java.net/

Although there is a version of the adapter in our SVN, others may have made some improvements at the java.net site and we should probably remove it from ours.

Pat

On May 11, 2007, at 8:56 AM, Alexey Zinger wrote:

Pat, it's my understanding that 2.0b5 contains javax.script implementation, yes?  Is the current code in subversion a lot further than 2.0b5?  How stable is it?

Patrick Niemeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

You can get the absolute latest code in the subversion repository:

svn co http://ikayzo.org/svn/beanshell

You are welcome to maintain your own fork if you wish, but I am
willing to add whomever is interested as comitters on the SVN main
repository here. I have a short list from people who have emailed me
and I will get it set up this weekend.

thanks,
Pat

On May 9, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Duensing, Scott (x1423) wrote:

> I wasn't able to find it on CVS. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find
> b4 either. Only place I was able to locate it was directly from the
> http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5-src.zip
>
> The binary is at:
>
> http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-2.0b5.jar
>
> Scott

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

Re: fork?

Borislav Iordanov
Hi,

I also had trouble locating b5 and, as I mentionned sometime before, I now
have a sort of a prive fork with a fix that I'm not even sure is done
properly (except that it works).

Isn't it better to have the adapter part of the beanshell distribution?
Especially in light of the fact that the scripting API is now part of the
standard Java distribution? Also, if the adapter is maintained separately
elsewhere, incompatibilities may arise between versions...

Pat, I'd also like to be added to the list of committers. I have a
question though: are commits going to be reviewed? Is the dev list (going
to be?) active?

Best,
Boris