Yo yo yo - sources??

Stefan Reich
Hey Beanshellers!

a. Your product is great! I use it as the default scripting language for
TinyBrain (http://tinybrain.de) and Text2GUI (
http://tinybrain.de:8080/text2gui/). Excellent stuff, excellent.

b. All your source download links are broken:
http://beanshell.org/developer.html I want the sources, plzzzzz!! :-))

Many greetings from a happy (though still kinda broke) start-up (yo I'm
high ,
Stefan

Re: Yo yo yo - sources??

Jesse Pavel
Hi Stefan,

It sounds like you've got some good product there ;-)

A while back I'd made an archive of the BeanShell sources. You can download
it from

  https://app.box.com/s/o4ipbtp12cx65ojuc21n

Best,
Jesse

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Stefan Reich <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Beanshellers!
>
> a. Your product is great! I use it as the default scripting language for
> TinyBrain (http://tinybrain.de) and Text2GUI (
> http://tinybrain.de:8080/text2gui/). Excellent stuff, excellent.
>
> b. All your source download links are broken:
> http://beanshell.org/developer.html I want the sources, plzzzzz!! :-))
>
> Many greetings from a happy (though still kinda broke) start-up (yo I'm
> high ,
> Stefan

Re: Yo yo yo - sources??

Stefan Reich
I don't really like Groovy. It was buggy way back. I'll stick with
BeanShell, it's great.

I am using trunk of beanshell2 now. At bit blah to have no version number,
but it's fine I guess... ^^

An open question is how to security-audit BeanShell snippets. I use LuaJ
for Lua scripting, which is easily - and fully - sandboxable. It's just not
good for making Swing GUIs - we'd have to make a Lua mapping for every
Swing class... (forget it).

We'll have to just audit the source files in some way. It's an AI problem
and we make AIs. ^^

Cheers and thanks for your help, guys,
Stefan

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Kirby Files <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Beanshell develpment is pretty dead, and with newer Java releases making
> changes to the core syntax, you may want to look elsewhere. In particular,
> I've moved my projects requiring dynamic scripting within the JVM to
> Groovy, which is also source-compatible with Java code.
>
> But if you want the Beanshell source, you can always get it from Maven
> central:
>   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/beanshell/bsh/2.0b5/
>
> Thanks,
> ---
> Kirby Files
> Software Architect
> Masergy Communications
> [hidden email]
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Stefan Reich <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey Beanshellers!
>>
>> a. Your product is great! I use it as the default scripting language for
>> TinyBrain (http://tinybrain.de) and Text2GUI (
>> http://tinybrain.de:8080/text2gui/). Excellent stuff, excellent.
>>
>> b. All your source download links are broken:
>> http://beanshell.org/developer.html I want the sources, plzzzzz!! :-))
>>
>> Many greetings from a happy (though still kinda broke) start-up (yo I'm
>> high ,
>> Stefan

Re: Yo yo yo - sources??

Daniel Leuck
Hi Guys,

If you want to rapidly define and script Swing GUIs you may want to
consider using SDL/Swing along with BeanShell. I use them together
frequently: http://www.techhui.com/profiles/blogs/sdlswing-1

Best,
Dan

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 5:34 AM, Stefan Reich <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't really like Groovy. It was buggy way back. I'll stick with
> BeanShell, it's great.
>
> I am using trunk of beanshell2 now. At bit blah to have no version number,
> but it's fine I guess... ^^
>
> An open question is how to security-audit BeanShell snippets. I use LuaJ
> for Lua scripting, which is easily - and fully - sandboxable. It's just not
> good for making Swing GUIs - we'd have to make a Lua mapping for every
> Swing class... (forget it).
>
> We'll have to just audit the source files in some way. It's an AI problem
> and we make AIs. ^^
>
> Cheers and thanks for your help, guys,
> Stefan
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Kirby Files <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Beanshell develpment is pretty dead, and with newer Java releases making
> > changes to the core syntax, you may want to look elsewhere. In
> particular,
> > I've moved my projects requiring dynamic scripting within the JVM to
> > Groovy, which is also source-compatible with Java code.
> >
> > But if you want the Beanshell source, you can always get it from Maven
> > central:
> >   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/beanshell/bsh/2.0b5/
> >
> > Thanks,
> > ---
> > Kirby Files
> > Software Architect
> > Masergy Communications
> > [hidden email]
> >

> > On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Stefan Reich <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Beanshellers!
> >>
> >> a. Your product is great! I use it as the default scripting language for
> >> TinyBrain (http://tinybrain.de) and Text2GUI (
> >> http://tinybrain.de:8080/text2gui/). Excellent stuff, excellent.
> >>
> >> b. All your source download links are broken:
> >> http://beanshell.org/developer.html I want the sources, plzzzzz!! :-))
> >>
> >> Many greetings from a happy (though still kinda broke) start-up (yo I'm
> >> high ,
> >> Stefan

Daniel Leuck
President