Where is the current source located?

Shankar Unni
I see that the last update on the SVN server at ikayzo.org is in
September 2005 (!) (post-2.0b4).

Where is the current activity taking place? Is there any source tree, or
stable preview, that we can see?  Why is the development being carried
on in apparent secret?

My interest is in seeing a bug fix for 914784 (Incorrect overridden
static method resolution in derived class):

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=914784&group_id=4075&atid=104075

I have even posted a patch that seems to fix the problem, but it
obviously hasn't been applied anywhere (that we can see).  Until this is
fixed, I'm still stuck on bsh 1.3b1 (!)

I'd even be interested in testing and perhaps submitting patches for any
recent developments, if the developers can use the help.

Re: Where is the current source located?

Pascal Meheut
Yes, I guess the real question is "is there anybody out there ?"

Shankar Unni a écrit :

> I see that the last update on the SVN server at ikayzo.org is in
> September 2005 (!) (post-2.0b4).
>
> Where is the current activity taking place? Is there any source tree, or
> stable preview, that we can see?  Why is the development being carried
> on in apparent secret?
>
> My interest is in seeing a bug fix for 914784 (Incorrect overridden
> static method resolution in derived class):
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=914784&group_id=4075&atid=104075
>
> I have even posted a patch that seems to fix the problem, but it
> obviously hasn't been applied anywhere (that we can see).  Until this is
> fixed, I'm still stuck on bsh 1.3b1 (!)
>
> I'd even be interested in testing and perhaps submitting patches for any
> recent developments, if the developers can use the help.

Re: Where is the current source located?

Daniel Leuck
Hello Shankar,

> Where is the current activity taking place? Is there any source tree, or
> stable preview, that we can see?  Why is the development being carried
> on in apparent secret?

Nothing has been happening in secret.  The source code is on the SVN server
at Ikayzo.org.

> My interest is in seeing a bug fix for 914784 (Incorrect overridden
> static method resolution in derived class):

I applied your patch today, and verified that the test you submitted runs
correctly.  Thank you for the submission.

> I'd even be interested in testing and perhaps submitting patches for any
> recent developments, if the developers can use the help.

That sounds good.  Pat is the project lead, so I need a go ahead from him to
grant commit privs for additional developers.

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel Leuck wrote:

> Nothing has been happening in secret.  The source code is on the SVN server
> at Ikayzo.org.

So has nothing really been happening since September 2005? Or is the
code under a different root than http://ikayzo.qorg/svn/beanshell?

> I applied your patch today, and verified that the test you submitted runs
> correctly.  Thank you for the submission.

Thanks!

> Pat is the project lead, so I need a go ahead from him to
> grant commit privs for additional developers.

Oh, certainly. Wasn't really looking for commit privileges, just early
access to any recent developments in Beanshell.

Re: Where is the current source located?

Daniel Leuck
Hi Shankar,

> > Nothing has been happening in secret.  The source code is on the SVN
> server
> > at Ikayzo.org.
>
> So has nothing really been happening since September 2005? Or is the
> code under a different root than http://ikayzo.qorg/svn/beanshell?

Code activity has been limited, but Pat did put together a JSR, took it
through the acceptance process, and formed an expert group during this time.
I'll let him elaborate on his plans.

> > I applied your patch today, and verified that the test you submitted
> runs
> > correctly.  Thank you for the submission.
>
> Thanks!

No problem.  Sorry it took so long.

> > Pat is the project lead, so I need a go ahead from him to
> > grant commit privs for additional developers.
>
> Oh, certainly. Wasn't really looking for commit privileges, just early
> access to any recent developments in Beanshell.

IMO - It would be good to get some other experienced coders involved to
revitalize the project.  I believe Pat is thinking along the same lines.
Hopefully we will see a post about BeanShell plans soon :-)

Cheers,
Dan

Re: Where is the current source located?

Pascal Meheut

> IMO - It would be good to get some other experienced coders involved to
> revitalize the project.  I believe Pat is thinking along the same lines.
> Hopefully we will see a post about BeanShell plans soon :-)

Well, I've coded visitors, varargs and other small things so I'm
interested in being more involved.

Re: Where is the current source located?

Daniel Leuck
Hi Pascal,

That's great.  In general, its easiest to get code in when:

A) It's a bug fix or feature that is in line with BeanShell's goal of full
and up-to-date Java syntax support.  Anything else needs to go through Pat.
B) It has code level docs
C) It has relevant tests, and doesn't break existing tests (see
BeanShell/tests/test-scripts)

I'll commit to trying to get code that meets the above criteria into the
repository in a timely manner.  Again, I need a nod from Pat to add SVN
users with commit privs.

Cheers,
Dan