Visitor in SimpleNode ?

Pascal Meheut
Another suggestion: let's suppose I want to generate bytecode from the
result of the Parser.

Or that I parsed an expression and I know the type of every
BSHAmbiguousName in a certain context and want to know then the type
returned by the expression.

This would be quite easy to implement "externally" if SimpleNode had a
"visit" method (as well as its subclasses of course).

Anybody interested ? I can code this quickly and I need it.

Re: Visitor in SimpleNode ?

Tom Copeland
On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 20:12 +0100, Pascal Meheut wrote:

> Another suggestion: let's suppose I want to generate bytecode from the
> result of the Parser.
>
> Or that I parsed an expression and I know the type of every
> BSHAmbiguousName in a certain context and want to know then the type
> returned by the expression.
>
> This would be quite easy to implement "externally" if SimpleNode had a
> "visit" method (as well as its subclasses of course).
>
> Anybody interested ? I can code this quickly and I need it.

Patrick and I had talked about this a bit in the context of the JSR...
it certainly sounds like a worthwhile change to me.  It increases the
exposure - e.g., future AST changes would affect any clients - but the
extra functionality you get is well worth it, I think...

Yours,

tom