Quantcast

Variables available to Beanshell scripts within Ant

Variables available to Beanshell scripts within Ant

Bugzilla from sfloess@nc.rr.com

I did some google-ing and haven't yet found what information I am looking
for...

At some point, I figured out in Beanshell (can't remember how I got this
information) I can access the project variable - to do things like set
properties, etc.

I am trying to find some documentation that states what Beanshell
variables I have available to me from within Ant.  By variables, I mean
Ant related variables such as project.

Thanks ahead of time...

Flossy

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale

252-478-8087 (Home)
919-890-8117 (Work)

Chief Architect JPlate   http://sourceforge.net/projects/jplate
Chief Architect JavaPIM  http://sourceforge.net/projects/javapim

Architect Keros          http://sourceforge.net/projects/keros

Re: Variables available to Beanshell scripts within Ant

Bugzilla from sfloess@nc.rr.com
If anyone is interested, the answer is spelled out plain as day here:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/script.html

Specifically:

"All items (tasks, targets, etc) of the running project are accessible
from the script, using either their name or id attributes (as long as
their names are considered valid Java identifiers, that is). This is
controlled by the "setbeans" attribute of the task. The name "project" is
a pre-defined reference to the Project, which can be used instead of the
project name. The name "self" is a pre-defined reference to the actual
<script>-Task instance.
>From these objects you have access to the Ant Java API, see the JavaDoc
(especially for Project and Script) for more information."

Helps if one reads more carefully :)