Unicode?

james.m.kortge
Hi,

Maybe I'm missing something basic?  This is valid Java:

2.0b4 - by Pat Niemeyer ([hidden email])
bsh % char c1 = '\u502a';
// Error: Error parsing input: bsh.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1,
column 73.  Encountered: "u" (117), after : "\'\\"

My apologies if this is a silly question.  I haven't tried the \uXXXX
syntax in a long time.

thanks,
Jim Kortge

RE: Unicode?

Daniel Leuck
> My apologies if this is a silly question.  I haven't tried the \uXXXX
> syntax in a long time.

It appears to be a bug in JConsole (probably my fault.)  I'll take a look at
it later today.

Dan

RE: Unicode?

Daniel Leuck
Aloha Jim,

The bug is fixed.  Thank you for pointing it out.  JConsole now accepts both
direct Unicode input (ex. Japanese or Arabic can be directly entered for
literals, identifiers, etc.) or the '\uXXXX' form.

Its one of the few consoles you will find with this kind of Unicode support!

I uploaded the fix to the new subversion repository.  We will have anon
access configured shortly.

I have attached the corrected JConsole to hold you over until subversion is
configured.

Cheers,
Dan

JConsole.java (24K) Download Attachment

RE: Unicode?

Daniel Leuck
Anonymous subversion access is configured.