Static class thing - figured out!

Furash Gary
Message
Whoops.  Should have checked the release notes. As soon as I put DatabaseList in "DatabaseList.java" it worked fine.

?? Future - why not just let DatabaseList.bsh work?

Gary Furash, Applications Manager, Maricopa County Attorney's Office

FAQ Post

MICHAEL PITONIAK-2
Gary,

re your FAQ post:  Where did you find out about this? I had never seen it in
the docs.

mike

If you want your scripted class to reside in its own file, label the file
with a ".java" extension and ensure that the file is in the classpath,
either by itself or in a jar in a directory referenced by the classpath.
Beanshell will search for classes in uncompiled *.java files.

>From: "Furash Gary" <[hidden email]>
>To: <[hidden email]>
>Subject: [Beanshell-users] Static class thing - figured out!
>Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:20:23 -0700
>
>Whoops.  Should have checked the release notes. As soon as I put
>DatabaseList in "DatabaseList.java" it worked fine.
>
>?? Future - why not just let DatabaseList.bsh work?
>
>Gary Furash, Applications Manager, Maricopa County Attorney's Office
>[hidden email]

Re: FAQ Post

Michael Pitoniak

Pat,

 when i import classes in java files as is detailed below i get output to StdErr "after" StdIO says it was loading the class. It works, but this implies there was a problem. Is this correct?

mp

Class not found in source file: com.Symantec.logger.DatabaseLogger

"MICHAEL PITONIAK" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

06/20/2005 09:17 PM

[hidden email], [hidden email]
cc
Subject
[Beanshell-users] FAQ Post

Gary,

re your FAQ post:  Where did you find out about this? I had never seen it in
the docs.

mike

If you want your scripted class to reside in its own file, label the file
with a ".java" extension and ensure that the file is in the classpath,
either by itself or in a jar in a directory referenced by the classpath.
Beanshell will search for classes in uncompiled *.java files.

>From: "Furash Gary" <[hidden email]>
>To: <[hidden email]>
>Subject: [Beanshell-users] Static class thing - figured out!
>Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:20:23 -0700
>
>Whoops.  Should have checked the release notes. As soon as I put
>DatabaseList in "DatabaseList.java" it worked fine.
>
>?? Future - why not just let DatabaseList.bsh work?
>
>Gary Furash, Applications Manager, Maricopa County Attorney's Office
>[hidden email]

RE: FAQ Post

Furash Gary
Message
I get the same message.  I just assumed it was bragging.