Scripted Classes

Furash Gary
Message
What's the right way to approach "scripted classes" without having to make actual compiled java classes?

I've tried making beanshell "classes" (i.e., using the CLASS statement), and it works, but the beanshell interpreter issues some strange messages (like "running scripted class").

I've used scripted methods returning "this" (pseudo-object), but the commands share a namespace, so no overlapping methods.  For example, if i make class1.bsh, and class2.bsh, and import both using importCommands, neither can share the same named scripted method (no error, the interpreter just uses class2's method, which hides class1).

Gary

Gary Furash, Applications Manager, Maricopa County Attorney's Office