Replacing Reflection with MedthodHandles

Replacing Reflection with MedthodHandles

Sam Smith
Not sure on the current state of the project-but have there been any discussions about replacing Reflection calls with MethodHandles?  This is of course Java 7 stuff.  Not sure if it will really be better performance wise-but that is the hype anyway.

Re: Replacing Reflection with MedthodHandles

Alexey Zinger
It appears the original project is stalled.  There is a fork called BeanShell2 (http://code.google.com/p/beanshell2/), but I haven't tried it.  It looks like it has a decent amount of activity.  I should probably migrate my own projects to it.

Alexey