Quantcast

Question about importCommands()

Gary M
I am using BeanShell 1.3.0. I have a jar file containing, amongst other things, a bsh command. In reading the the manual I expected that if importCommand("com.mycommands") and the jar was in the classpath, it would work; however, after much playing around I can only get it work by adding the jar file to the classpath, THEN importing the commands.

addClassPath("/path/to/my.jar");
importCommand("com.mycommands");
myCommand();

I can confirm the jar is in the classpath, by virtue of the fact I can import Java classes from said.

I would rather not hardcode this path, because the code I am developing will be shared over multiple systems in an EAR file and, thus, the path to the jar is not really predictable.

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if there is an alternative to the above?

Thanks for any help.

--
Gary