Quantcast

Plans to port BeanShell to Java Micro Edition JME

Plans to port BeanShell to Java Micro Edition JME

me tk82c
Hello!

   There is any plans to support BeanShell on Java Micro Edition?

tk

Re: Plans to port BeanShell to Java Micro Edition JME

Marcelo Fukushima
while i cant say anything for the devs (im not one of them), i think
it would be extremely hard, since jme doesnt have reflection

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:05 PM, me tk82c <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>    There is any plans to support BeanShell on Java Micro Edition?
> Thanks,
>
> --
> tk

[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

Re: Plans to port BeanShell to Java Micro Edition JME

me tk82c
Yes, it's correct. But you can have a small script engine that handle all the basic things (variables, math, for, while, etc).

The idea is that you can register classes to be called when some token appear. It's a way to bypass the reflection.

Remember that you have to think small in this kind of hardware.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Marcelo Fukushima <[hidden email]> wrote:
while i cant say anything for the devs (im not one of them), i think
it would be extremely hard, since jme doesnt have reflection

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:05 PM, me tk82c <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello!
>    There is any plans to support BeanShell on Java Micro Edition?
> Thanks,
>
> --
> tk

[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

--
tk

Re: Plans to port BeanShell to Java Micro Edition JME

Marcelo Fukushima
i guess you could do it as a proof of concept. You'd need some way to
register "invocation handlers" that statically resolve method, binding
method names, receiving type and argument types to proper method
invocations

it'd be certainly interesting to implement, but im not sure how useful
it would be

--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima