OutOfMemory Exception

nirmal.delli
Hi,

Test Setup:

I used command line interpreter.

(i.e) bsh.Interpreter.main(args);

I executed 52 script files sequentially using source() method. These 52
scripts were executed in a batch. Each script file (file1.bsh) has more
method invocation statements for which there is corresponding scripts
file (display.bsh) in beanshell class path.

Example:

source("main.bsh");

mainfile.bsh

source("file1.bsh");

source("file2.bsh");

source("file3.bsh");

source("file52.bsh");

file1.bsh

display("argument");

display("argument");

display("argument");

display("argument");

display("argument");

display("argument");

display("argument");

display.bsh

// sample java statements in this display.bsh file for reference

public void display(String name)

{

System.out.println("Hello " + name);

}

Issue:

We have memory leak in Beanshell interpreter for the above said test
setup. We see memory leak in the Beanshell APIs after certain time when
followed the above test steps. The issue is reproducible for
longer-running Beanshell scripts. We currently use bsh-2.0b4.jar version
for Beanshell scripting.

When we googled this, we found the history of Beanshell Memory leak
issue in many of the sites. We are searching for the patch for this
Beanshell memory leak issue. Is there any patch for this issue? Is this
bug fixed in any of the release? Please can anyone guide me where to get
the patch and how to integrate it with my setup to get this issue
resolved?

Thanks and regards,
Nirmal