Java 1.5 import static in beanshell

Knorr, Brian
Java 1.5 import static in beanshell

I am using the Beanshell Desktop 1.1 and when I do the following command:

bsh % import static watij.symbols.Symbol.*;

I get this error:

// Error: Parser Error: Parse error at line 1, column 1171.  Encountered: static

In jdk 1.5 this is a valid importwhy is beanshell throwing an error?

I am using jdk 1.5 to run beanshellis this a bug in beanshell or would this be a new feature?  Please advise on how I can use static imports in beanshellthanks,

Brian

Re: Java 1.5 import static in beanshell

Brian Lalor
On Apr 27, 2006, at 6:27 PM, Knorr, Brian wrote:

> bsh % import static watij.symbols.Symbol.*;
>
> I get this error:
>
> // Error: Parser Error: Parse error at line 1, column 1171.
> Encountered: static
>
> In jdk 1.5 this is a valid import…why is beanshell throwing an error?

The beanshell grammar doesn't support new 1.5 statements, yet.  At
least not in the version you're using. :-)

--
Brian Lalor / [hidden email]
     You snooze, you lose