Is there a workaround for this AccessControlException in applets?

Is there a workaround for this AccessControlException in applets?

John C. Turnbull

When I create and use an Interpreter in an applet I get the following exception:

Could not init static:java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission debug read)

The interpreter still works but I would like to get rid of this problem if possible.  I notice that the bsh demo applet has the same problem.

Is there any way around this exception?

Thanks,

-JCT