Congrats...!!!

Furash Gary
Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff
we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new version
of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off the new
scripting engine.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

Re: Congrats...!!!

MICHAEL PITONIAK-2
Wouldn,t Jdk1.5 syntax be nice  :)

could you download anything? The BeanShell web sight doesn't have that
build.

mp

>From: "Furash Gary" <[hidden email]>
>To: <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>
>Subject: [Beanshell-users] Congrats...!!!
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:34:50 -0700
>
>Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff
>we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new version
>of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off the new
>scripting engine.
>
>Any additional info would be appreciated.

Re: Congrats...!!!

Furash Gary
This is where pat jumps in and says:

"I've been super busy doing all this secret work on beanshell I do out
of the goodness of my heart.  Here's the new jar and a few lines on how
to use it."

could you download anything? The BeanShell web sight doesn't have that
build.

mp

>From: "Furash Gary" <[hidden email]>
>To: <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>
>Subject: [Beanshell-users] Congrats...!!!
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:34:50 -0700
>
>Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff
>we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new
>version of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off

>the new scripting engine.
>
>Any additional info would be appreciated.

>[hidden email]
>https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/beanshell-users

Re: Congrats...!!!

On Sep 14, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Furash Gary wrote:

> Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff
> we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new
> version
> of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off the
> new
> scripting engine.

Hey everyone, please don't get too excited as this is really just
moving the javax.script engine over to the scripting project CVS.
The binary there is just the latest from SVN minus the JSR-223 engine
(which is now hosted on the scripting site).

But you can take it as a sign that the project is moving again ;)

Pat

Re: Congrats...!!!

Kireitchik, Valeri

Pat, it is really nice that project is moving.

But I am risking to be annoying, and asking for Java 5 syntax support again, especially varargs (when calling compiled code from script).

Valeri

On Sep 14, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Furash Gary wrote:

> Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff

> we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new

> version

> of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off the

> new

> scripting engine.

Hey everyone, please don't get too excited as this is really just

moving the javax.script engine over to the scripting project CVS.

The binary there is just the latest from SVN minus the JSR-223 engine

(which is now hosted on the scripting site).

But you can take it as a sign that the project is moving again ;)

Pat

Re: Congrats...!!!

Furash Gary
Hmm... pat needs more developers, but you're average developer isn't capable of building a scripting language (just the way it is).  Maybe sun could hire Pat like it hired the jruby guys. ;-)

Pat, it is really nice that project is moving.

But I am risking to be annoying, and asking for Java 5 syntax support again, especially varargs (when calling compiled code from script).

Valeri

On Sep 14, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Furash Gary wrote:

> Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff

> we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new

> version

> of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off the

> new

> scripting engine.

Hey everyone, please don't get too excited as this is really just

moving the javax.script engine over to the scripting project CVS.

The binary there is just the latest from SVN minus the JSR-223 engine

(which is now hosted on the scripting site).

But you can take it as a sign that the project is moving again ;)

Pat

Re: Congrats...!!!

Kireitchik, Valeri

… and foreach over Iterable.

Hmm... pat needs more developers, but you're average developer isn't capable of building a scripting language (just the way it is).  Maybe sun could hire Pat like it hired the jruby guys. ;-)

Pat, it is really nice that project is moving.

But I am risking to be annoying, and asking for Java 5 syntax support again, especially varargs (when calling compiled code from script).

Valeri

On Sep 14, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Furash Gary wrote:

> Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff

> we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new

> version

> of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off the

> new

> scripting engine.

Hey everyone, please don't get too excited as this is really just

moving the javax.script engine over to the scripting project CVS.

The binary there is just the latest from SVN minus the JSR-223 engine

(which is now hosted on the scripting site).

But you can take it as a sign that the project is moving again ;)

Pat

Re: Congrats...!!!

Daniel Leuck

I added enhanced for loop support (foreach) support to BeanShell quite a while ago.  There are plans to support the full Java 5 language spec.

Hmm... pat needs more developers, but you're average developer isn't capable of building a scripting language (just the way it is).  Maybe sun could hire Pat like it hired the jruby guys. ;-)

Pat, it is really nice that project is moving.

But I am risking to be annoying, and asking for Java 5 syntax support again, especially varargs (when calling compiled code from script).

Valeri

On Sep 14, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Furash Gary wrote:

> Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff

> we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new

> version

> of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off the

> new

> scripting engine.

Hey everyone, please don't get too excited as this is really just

moving the javax.script engine over to the scripting project CVS.

The binary there is just the latest from SVN minus the JSR-223 engine

(which is now hosted on the scripting site).

But you can take it as a sign that the project is moving again ;)

Pat

Re: Congrats...!!!

Kireitchik, Valeri

in which version of BeanShell are there those enhancements in foreach ?

I added enhanced for loop support (foreach) support to BeanShell quite a while ago.  There are plans to support the full Java 5 language spec.

Hmm... pat needs more developers, but you're average developer isn't capable of building a scripting language (just the way it is).  Maybe sun could hire Pat like it hired the jruby guys. ;-)

Pat, it is really nice that project is moving.

But I am risking to be annoying, and asking for Java 5 syntax support again, especially varargs (when calling compiled code from script).

Valeri

On Sep 14, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Furash Gary wrote:

> Our faith is rewarded (also our interest in pat and others doing stuff

> we're not paying them for)!  I believe pat just checked in a new

> version

> of beanshell into https://scripting.dev.java.net/ that runs off the

> new

> scripting engine.

Hey everyone, please don't get too excited as this is really just

moving the javax.script engine over to the scripting project CVS.

The binary there is just the latest from SVN minus the JSR-223 engine

(which is now hosted on the scripting site).

But you can take it as a sign that the project is moving again ;)

Pat

Re: Congrats...!!!

Daniel Leuck

Hi Valeri,

I don’t recall the version, but it was a couple of years ago.  Just download the latest version and try it:

bsh % ArrayList list = new ArrayList();

bsh % list.add(1);

bsh % list.add(2);

bsh % for(item:list) print(item);