Beta forever ?

Mikael Aronsson
Hi !

Our old friend bsh-2.0b4.jar  look's like being the end of Beanshell maybe ?
at least it does not look like there is much going on, or am I wrong ?

It would be good to know, because if Beanshell is going down the drain it
might be time to look for some other alternative.

Mikael

Re: Beta forever ?

webdel@libero.it
beanshell integrated on jre1.6 as javax.script.

bye
Danilo

mikael-aronsson ha scritto:

> Hi !
>
> Our old friend bsh-2.0b4.jar  look's like being the end of Beanshell
> maybe ? at least it does not look like there is much going on, or am I
> wrong ?
>
> It would be good to know, because if Beanshell is going down the drain
> it might be time to look for some other alternative.
>
> Mikael

> language
> webcast
> territory!

Re: Beta forever ?

On Mar 3, 2006, at 7:51 AM, mikael-aronsson wrote:

> Our old friend bsh-2.0b4.jar  look's like being the end of
> Beanshell maybe ? at least it does not look like there is much
> going on, or am I wrong ?

The wheels have been turning slowly recently, however the JSR group
will get moving soon and that will generate a lot of activity.

Pat

Re: Beta forever ?

Mikael Aronsson
That sounds good, this kind of information would be nice if it was posted on
the mailinglist, or at least on the website so people not whats going on, or
am I the only one out of the loop here.... ?

Mikael

> beanshell integrated on jre1.6 as javax.script.
>
> bye
> Danilo
>
> mikael-aronsson ha scritto:
>> Hi !
>>
>> Our old friend bsh-2.0b4.jar  look's like being the end of Beanshell
>> maybe ? at least it does not look like there is much going on, or am I
>> wrong ?
>>
>> It would be good to know, because if Beanshell is going down the drain it
>> might be time to look for some other alternative.
>>
>> Mikael

>> language
>> that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live
>> webcast
>> and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding
>> territory!
>> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642

> language
> webcast
> territory!

Re: Beta forever ?

Alexey Zinger
Yes, you're the only one out of the loop :)  But seriously, yeah, there's some
good stuff coming up with BeanShell and definitely stick with it for your
projects.  I have a few "not-for-profit" extra-curricular activities myself and
I know what it's like to have to make time for them.  Kudos to Pat and everyone
else involved.

--- mikael-aronsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That sounds good, this kind of information would be nice if it was posted on
> the mailinglist, or at least on the website so people not whats going on, or
> am I the only one out of the loop here.... ?
>
> Mikael

Shankar Unni
Patrick Niemeyer wrote:

> The wheels have been turning slowly recently, however the JSR group will
> get moving soon and that will generate a lot of activity.

In that case, I guess the real question is: will there be new releases
of BeanShell independent of Mustang (Java6)? Something that can be used
with Java 1.3/1.4 or Java5?