Beanshell and SWT

Brad Reynolds
Has anyone tried to get SWT running from the Beanshell Console?  I'm
running OS X and can get past the UnsatisfiedLinkExceptions by
putting the native libraries on the classpath but when it comes to
instantiating an org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display() I receive an
exception in createDisplay(...).  The exception is:

// Error: // Uncaught Exception: Object constructor : at Line: 1 : in
file: <unknown file> : new org .eclipse .swt .widgets .Display ( )

Target exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Display.java:856)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Display.java:836)
     at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:118)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:676)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:667)
Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
     at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
     at bsh.bsh % Interpreter.run(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

Line 856 references the OS class.  It's on the classpath so I'm not
sure what's going on.  The OS class loads the "swt-pi" libraries
statically which I thought I had gotten past.  I tried using the debug
() command and that just locks up the console on OS X after this
call.  Any help on how to debug this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

Re: Beanshell and SWT

Brad Reynolds
Never mind.   I wasn't specifying the java.library.path vm arg
correctly when starting the bsh.Console.  With that specified it
creates the Display just fine.