BeanShell Integration with OSGI Equinox

Hunchback
Hello everyone

I am in my last year of my masters study in Informatics(Computer Science and
Networks) at the Polytech'Nantes engineer school in France. Since Monday i
am doing my "end of studies" internship in an enterprise. They have their
new product ready for deployment, but they want to do some server stress
testing to be sure their new framework can take charges.

The framework is Java based, on a tripple (or quad) layer, something like :

Client (RCP) - Tomcat application server - Progress application server -
Progress DB

The idea is to test the Tomcat servers by simulating multiple users
connecting to the services provided by the Tomcat. We want to use BeanShell
and hook it to the OSGI layer (realized in Equinox) bypassing the GUI, use
some of the key services provided by it and eventually measure the
performance with JMeter.
The problem is that i am a total noob in Java, i have done some Java coding
two years ago, but nothing special... And the guys from the enterprise don't
know much about BeanShell and if it can work with Equinox and use the
services provided by it.

I have read up a bit the documentation of BeanShell, but didn't find any
direct information concerning my problematic, so i decided to ask the
community for some information/help. So, does anyone have any experience
with the problem i explained, or maybe have an idea how (and if) it is
possible to do what we are aiming at?

Thanks...

--
--D.M.

Re: BeanShell Integration with OSGI Equinox

alexander_a_sokolov
I'm not very experienced in testing but... and my english is poor..
But nobody had answered this question.

I think that BeanShell is not right tool for testing such system.
Of course, you can do this using BeanShell.
But first of all you need to understand what protocols/interfaces you need to test and what framework or library used for implementing this interfaces in your particular system.
And does or dosn't have this particular framework tools for testing.
If does it'll be good if you use such tools.
If not look for other open source alternatives.

If tools are java based than you can use BeanShell for  invoking them.

In hope that it'll help.
Sorry that so later.

For answer to you question how to test
Hunchback wrote