BeanShell Community Wiki Updated

Daniel Leuck

Hi Folks,

Ikayzo.org (http://www.ikayzo.org), which hosts the BeanShell community wiki (http://beanshell.ikayzo.org/docs) has been upgraded in a number of ways:

- New, faster hardware with more memory (everything is much snappier!)

- The latest versions of Confluence, Jira, and Subversion

- A new [hidden email] list to report server problems

- Scheduled backups to a drive in another data center

DNS was switched over yesterday, so if it hasn’t reached you yet, you can use the new server’s IP: http://167.216.12.132

We were able to port all the Confluence content, but registered users did not come over.  If you cannot login, please re-register.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Thank you to all those that have contributed BeanShell docs!

We have not yet migrated the 10 or so BeanShell issues that were in Jira.

<off-topic>

While you are there, check out the other two projects:

    SDL – A terse, Java like declarative language

    Jupiter – A great Eclipse plugin that assists with code reviews

Note: Please email the SDL or Jupiter lists with feedback so we can keep this list to just BeanShell topics.

</off-topic>

Many thanks to those that assisted with the server migration and the upgrades.

As always, we are looking for volunteers to assist with:

- Writing BeanShell and SDL related Eclipse plugins (syntax highlighting, autocomplete, etc.)

- Writing BeanShell and SDL related documentation

- Contributing code to all projects (write the project lead or appropriate list for more info.)

- The ikayzo.org platform (the site, systems, etc.)

On a related note, I hope to contribute some Java 5 language features in the near future (schedule permitting.)

Best regards,

Dan

Re: BeanShell Community Wiki Updated

Shankar Unni
Daniel Leuck wrote:

> Ikayzo.org (http://www.ikayzo.org <http://www.ikayzo.org/>), which hosts
> the BeanShell community wiki (http://beanshell.ikayzo.org/docs) has been
> upgraded in a number of ways:

By the way, what is the *official* bug database for BeanShell now? No
one seems to be monitoring the database over on SourceForge, and the
JIRA DB on ikayzo seems to be totally empty.

Re: BeanShell Community Wiki Updated

Daniel Leuck
Hello Shankar,

As I announced last week when we launched the new Wiki, we simply haven't
had time to migrate the bugs over.  Volunteers are always welcome :-)

When we restart work, we will monitor Jira and the old bugs will be
migrated.

Thank you,
Dan