Attaching BeanShell to a Running Process

Attaching BeanShell to a Running Process

mohsen mollanoori
Hi,
I was working with AdaptJ Stacktrace yesterday and I am wondered how
it uses BeanShell to communicate with a running java process.
Stacktrace allows you to select an already running java process and
allows you to attaches a BeanShell console to that process.
Thereafter, you can simply run BeanShell commands inside that process.
I want to know, how can we run a beanshell snippet inside a running
process? Note that neither the target process has BeanShell jars in
its class path nor the process is run with attach mechanism (JMX)
enabled. Even, JConsole cannot attach to the process.

Re: Attaching BeanShell to a Running Process

Alan Bram-3
> I was working with AdaptJ Stacktrace yesterday and I am wondered how
> it uses BeanShell to communicate with a running java process.

Sounds like a good question for the AdaptJ folks, or their forum.
Looks as if it's nothing specific to Beanshell, i.e., it seems to be
able to do a similar thing with any Java tool or application.

Cheers,
 - arb

Re: Attaching BeanShell to a Running Process

Marcelo Fukushima
technically you can use the attach API to attach java agents to a
running process and start BSH from there

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Alan Bram<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I was working with AdaptJ Stacktrace yesterday and I am wondered how
>> it uses BeanShell to communicate with a running java process.
>
> Sounds like a good question for the AdaptJ folks, or their forum.
> Looks as if it's nothing specific to Beanshell, i.e., it seems to be
> able to do a similar thing with any Java tool or application.
>

> Cheers,
>  - arb

http://mapsdev.blogspot.com/
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima