An doubt regarding remote connection execution!!!!!!!!!

An doubt regarding remote connection execution!!!!!!!!!

Suriya Narayanan Ramasamy
Hi All,
          I am new to bean-shell. Just i want to know whether  can i write  an program such that i should  execute the command of the remote host from another machine by giving the username and password of the remote host..if it is possible plz give  some guide-lines/concept to do it.

Suriya R

Re: An doubt regarding remote connection execution!!!!!!!!!

Wade Chandler-6
Sure, you will have to use something like RMI, RMI and
EJB, or Web Services. You could also created your own
custom scheme using HTTP and POST or some other TCP/IP
scheme. Either way, this would be no different than
running remote methods in any other Java application,
so I would start there then look at hooking the class
and a method into bean shell as a command or you could
just get that working, be sure it is on the classpath
when beanshell is run, and access your Java classes
and methods directly by name from the beanshell.

Wade

--- Suriya Narayanan Ramasamy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>           I am new to bean-shell. Just i want to
> know whether  can i write
> an program such that i should  execute the command
> of the remote host from
> another machine by giving the username and password
> of the remote
> host..if it is possible plz give  some
> guide-lines/concept to do it.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Suriya R

> Still grepping through log files to find problems?
> Stop.
> Now Search log events and configuration files using
> AJAX and a browser.
> Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>
http://get.splunk.com/>

Re: An doubt regarding remote connectionexecution!!!!!!!!!

David Lee
Another possibility is invoking "rsh" as a sub process.  Of course this only
works if it is supported on both your client and remote.