[ANN] Scriba - BeanShell Dev Tool

Borislav Iordanov
Hi all,

I'd like to announce a new tool for scripting development, called Scriba:

http://www.kobrix.com/scriba.jsp

Here is a synopsis:

- Scripting development for dynamic languages implementing the JSR 223 spec.
- UI inspired from the Mathematica system. You work with notebooks
composed of cells. Different languages, UI elements and HTML comments are
intermixed into self-contained notebooks.
- Multiple evaluation contexts, each having its own classpath, like
projects in a workspace.
- Free, open-source.
- Code completion for BeanShell!
- Currently BeanShell and JScheme are bundled in the distribution. Other
languages can be very easily integrated.

I've been using in my daily work for prototyping and testing for some
time. It's been in development for the past year or so and we're eager to
get feedback from other BeanShell users. Please give it a shot and let us
know what you think!

Best,
Boris

Re: [ANN] Scriba - BeanShell Dev Tool

Daniel Leuck
Hello Boris,

Scriba is very impressive.  I look forward to spending more time with it
this weekend.

Dan

Thanks Dan! Please let us know of all the bugs that you see and all the
features that you don't see, but would like to ;)

Btw, do you guys think I should cross-post this to the beanshell dev list?
Or I can reasonably expect that the set of beanshell developers is roughly
a subset of the beanshell users.

Regards
Boris

> Hello Boris,
>
> Scriba is very impressive.  I look forward to spending more time with it
> this weekend.
>
> Dan

Will do.  Scriba is a great project.

> Btw, do you guys think I should cross-post this to the beanshell dev list?
> Or I can reasonably expect that the set of beanshell developers is roughly
> a subset of the beanshell users.

I couldn't really say, but I imagine most developers are on the users list
as well.  There are only a handful of developers, so I wouldn't worry about
it too much.

Dan

BTW - I'd love to see Scriba's autocomplete feature added to JConsole!